External Protection System
Zinc Rich Paint with finishing layer
In case of Fittings normally Zinc rich paint coating is applied instead of metallic Zinc coating. The Zinc rich paint coating is covered by a finishing layer of a bituminous product or synthetic resin compatible with zinc. Both layers are applied at the works. The International Standard ISO 8179 establishes the main features of Zinc coating as well as suitable methods for checking them.
Fusion Bonded Epoxy Coating
A state-of-the-art automated facility has been created to coat DI Fittings with powdered epoxy by fusion bonding process. This inert coating in attractive colour is suited for aggressive soil condition.
Advantages of Fusion Bonded Epoxy (F.B.E)
- Gives high gloss and smooth coatings with excellent adhesion.
- Difficult shapes can be coated evenly.
- Provides enhanced corrosion resistant properties.
- A choice of Blue, green or Red colours for water or sewage applications is available.
- Film thickness between 100 – 250 micron, can be specified as per the requirement.
- Higher film thickness (>250 micron) can also be applied as per customer requirement.